Community

January 11, 2016

Join The Disrupters. Pause Fest 10-14 Feb Melbourne

Pause Fest organisers say: “Digital disruption has changed the way consumers behave and businesses operate. To truly understand what this means for you and your business, the conference program has been designed around the pillars of the startup – Creative, […]
August 2, 2015

The Booing, The Discomfort…Why? What To Do?

I have to agree with James Packer, the booing of Adam Goodes has made me feel uncomfortable and ashamed too. Where are we with this? Waleed Aly’s clear analysis of the booing made sense to me, as did
July 31, 2015

Seal Dilemma In SA – Fishing Industry vs Tourism Industry

A breeding boom amongst long-nosed fur seals, also known as new Zealand fur seals, means more than 500 tonnes of fish a day are being ‘chewed through’ according to fishermen in the Coorong/Murray Lakes fishery region. Without a cull the […]
July 31, 2015

Are Pollies Listening? No More ‘Pink Batts Style’ Disasters…

The union warning to Building Ministers at Melbourne forum today: “As you are aware, 90 per cent of employers in the building trade have reported non-conforming products in their supply chains and this problem is only going to get worse […]
July 5, 2015

FASES – Can You Help Give Social Enterprise Voice?

Can you help provide insight into Australian social enterprise? FASES (Finding Australia’s Social Enterprise Sector) is investigating the changing scope and needs of our social enterprises. Social Traders and the Centre for Social Impact (CSI) at Swinburne Uni are conducting […]
June 8, 2015

Aussie Soccer Initiative For Kenyan Refugee Camp

How wonderful to see a positive Australian initiative towards refugees, with the establishment of the Barefoot to Boots Foundation! Barefoot To Boots Here is an Australian project to give football (soccer!) boots, shirts and balls to refugees in the Kakuma […]
June 5, 2015

Teaching In The 21st Century FOR For The 21st Century

I’ve been reading about new ’21st century’ practices in some schools – such as Brisbane’s The Gap HS and Melbourne’s Eltham HS – I hope my grandies aren’t stuck in 20th century learning! The Gap High School Is Working With […]
April 24, 2015

Working To Educate The World’s Children

A World At School is a global campaign aiming to make education the number one priority, working to get all children into school. An international campaign with a diverse team from several countries, they have offices in London, New York, […]
March 31, 2015

Could Newly Launched Financial Advice Register Cause Harm?

Respected business journalist Adele Ferguson reports that Treasury has watered down the proposed national public register of financial advisers, launched today by ASIC. After the crisis of confidence following poor advice scandals involving financial institutions such as the CBA and […]
March 29, 2015

Can For-Profit Private Education Work For World’s Poorest?

Founded in 2009, Bridge International Academies – investors include Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg – are challenging ‘the long-held assumption that governments rather than companies should lead mass education programs’. Bridge’s Goal is to (eventually) educate 10 million poor children […]
March 26, 2015

Indigenous Successes And Future Impact Investment?

In 2012 Natalie Walker was named one of Australia’s 100 Women of Influence. She sits on various boards including NAB’s Indigenous Advisory Board and the Board of the Australian Indigenous Leadership Centre. A former CEO of Supply Nation – a […]
March 12, 2015

Twilight Meetup ‘Down By The River’ At Wangaratta

This Friday evening 5 – 9pm, in Victoria’s lovely northeast, Wangaratta is hosting its inaugural, free ‘Down By The River’ event – live music (indie, folk and pop) great food, a range of local beers and wines, artworks, fashion and […]