110 free family bushwalks in spectacular locations
Leah in her latest BYOkids e-news talks about The Great Australian Bushwalk which, on Sunday 10 September, will give ‘new and occasional’ bushwalkers the opportunity to try bushwalking with Australia’s leading community-based bushwalking organisations.
People are advised to visit the website and register early to avoid missing out as walk places always go quickly!
The site gives the essential info on all the walks, photos from the 2005 event, easy online registration, walker competitions etc.
Seven reasons to do get off your ‘proverbial’!
1. SPECTACULAR – visit magnificent parts of Australia’s natural environment – from rainforests to rockhopping, mountains to beaches, marshland to sand dunes.
2. FREE – all walks are provided at no charge.
3. EASY – you don’t need to be super fit. You don’t need expensive equipment. You don’t have to drive for many miles. And in no time you’ll feel a million miles away.
4. HEALTHY – have fun and improve your fitness at the same time. Walking is proven to be great for everything from asthma to diabetes, weight loss to heart health. And it is much more fun than the gym!
5. SAFE – walk in safety on well run walks with experienced guides.
6. SOCIAL – Meet all sorts of new people from your area and across the country. Make new friends.
7. PROTECT – support the protection of Australia’s natural environment by enjoying this event, presented by leading bushwalking and conservation groups.
Sounds like a good idea to me , especially with all the current talk of obesity!