PWF has received a request from Bryan Johnston who is struggling to find links and contacts to develop an Indigenous network portal. The website will cover and provide links to:
- “Aboriginal co-ops (farming, business development, art, cultural and language diversity etc)
- Aboriginal councils wishing to further promote and support the learning and development of Aboriginal culture
- Native Food businesses which use and provide support back to Aboriginal communities
- Universities and research groups focussing in this area (sustainability, Co-ops, Indigenous heritage and culture, languages, native foods and medicines)
- Any such groups / co-ops / programs or developments with a similar nature”
“My interest is in developing a website which focuses on becoming a major networking link for anyone interested in purchasing from, supporting, or learning more about Aboriginal co-operatives or similar like-minded sustainable groups which either promote, support, or market native products and services – whether this be Aboriginal or plant/food/medicine based.
Whilst my main interest is in Australian plants, I thought I could develop a website which both supports and pays homage to the custodians of this beautiful land, by providing information and website links to these groups, so that anyone wishing to further learn from, or contribute to saving, supporting or promoting the cultural heritage of Australia, its custodians, and native species can at least be provided with a leg-up from my website.”
Without website links and information about the kinds of groups listed above, this venture is unlikely to succeed.
If you can help please email info to Bryan – firstname.lastname@example.org