Dr Tricia Hiley, from the Oases Graduate School, is helping spread the word about Melbourne hosting the 8th World Congress of Action Learning and Action Research on 6 – 9 September 2010.
Action Research and Action Learning practitioners and academics from around the world will be here PLUS there will be two days of pre-congress skill-sharing workshops.
The 2010 World Congress is well into its planning but ideas for the design and content of the Congress are invited. You can email email@example.com to talk about how your network can get involved and feel free to contact Dr. Tricia Hiley – World Congress Organising Committee – on +61 (0)412 312 881 or firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you are notified when registration begins or to get further information.
• Philosophical foundations of action-based and participatory approaches to learning and research
• Our stories of integrating action-learning / action-research practice with theory and/or our theoretical learning and insights with practice
• Power and its presence in learning and research relationships
• Perennial issues of methodology, methods, epistemology and ontology in action learning, action research and participatory action research
• Budd Hall, a global elder of participatory research and adult learning. He is currently Director of the Office of Community-based Research at the University of Victoria, Canada.
• Linda Tuhiwai Smith, an internationally renowned researcher in indigenous education and decolonizing our research methodologies. She is Pro Vice-Chancellor (Maori) at the University of Waikato, New Zealand.
• Alan Rayner, a biological scientist, ecological philosopher, artist, writer and key proponent of living theory and inclusionality. He is a Reader in Biology at the University of Bath, England.
• Yoland Wadsworth, an Australian pioneer in the use of integral and transformative social research methodologies. She is Associate Professor, Population Health at the University of Melbourne, Australia.
Express your interest in participating by sending an abstract for a paper, workshop, poster session or a catalyst session to email@example.com now.
Online registration for the congress or pre-congress workshops will open soon.
Theme: Participatory Action Research and Action Learning: Appreciating our Pasts, Comprehending our Presents & Prefiguring our Futures
New Venue: Bayview Eden, 6 Queens Rd, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Dates: World Conference 6 – 9 September 2010 plus 2 pre-conference skill sharing days 4 – 5 September 2010