After a lot of interest in recent PWF articles about food swaps and community supported agriculture here in Melbourne, here’s info about fresh organics, live art and live music at this month’s Fitzroy Market.
WHEN This Saturday 1st May, 10am – 2pm
(and the first Saturday of every month )
WHERE Fitzroy Primary School, corner Napier & Chapel Street Fitzroy (Melway Ref 44 B4)
By buying your week’s worth of fresh fruit and veg from CULTIVATING COMMUNITY you help support low income community gardens projects in the City of Yarra, www.cultivatingcommunity.org.au.
There’s a great plant stall – lush, fresh and cheap – PLUS all the usual goodies at nearly 50 stalls filled with hand made, second hand, vintage and recycled treasures
PLUS great coffee and treats for a brekkie and/or lunch.
Donations go to
FITZROY LEARNING NETWORK’S Refugee Support Program
FITZROY PRIMARY SCHOOL’s Kitchen Garden Project fund
* The folk and country vocal stylings of Teresa Dixon (from local trio Little Sister’s of the Poor)
* Melbourne-based indie-folk violin & guitar duo Aristotle’s Chimney, playing dynamic
traditional & contemporary music infused with celtic, gypsy and roots elements.
* Ukele action from Melperthian Claire Hollingsworth, playing whimsical folk
pop and “Songs from the Hill” (co-written with students from Brunswick North West Primary)
* Local busker Mark Nunan’s emotionally-charged folk rock combined with cunning pop sensibilities.
* Live Art (while you wait!) from Ero
Contact Fiona Newton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please walk, cycle or get public transport – don’t drive! There is no public parking for patrons, and the environment will thank you.