This Australian invention is an award-winning little gadget that eliminates the standby power used by our non-essential electrical appliances 100%. It is simple and sells $19.95 (RRP).
The Next Big Thing Award describes this device as effectively allowing users to move the location of the power point switch to a new more convenient location.
1. Insert the ecoswitch® plug into the power outlet on the wall
2. Insert your appliance or power-board into the ecoswitch® socket
3. Put the switch somewhere easy to see and easy to reach and start switching.
* The ecoswitch® also has a green light on the switch to act as a reminder for you to switch off. When the green light is off, your connected appliances are 100% off.
* You can identify which devices you are controlling by writing on the small panel below the switch.
* Moving it to the best position for anyone to access and see, you eliminate the need to bend or strain.
“Standby energy is the energy you’re using when you think you’re not using any! See all those little lights on your TV, DVD, computer, printer, router, rechargeable gadgets and so on that remain on AFTER you’ve switched them off? Even the clock on your microwave oven! Those lights and clocks are telling you that you haven’t totally switched them off.
They’re in sleep mode and still using up power. You’re paying for it through your electricity bills and so is the planet. Bad bad BAD greenhouse gases are released by the huge amount of standby energy that we use, contributing to climate change.”
Check out Ecoswitch here.