You don’t need to be a superhero to save the planet. Making a difference to the environment is about the little things in life.
Sign up to doing 10 simple actions during 2005 and commit to making a difference to Victoria’s environment. When you do, you’ll also be signing up to receive an inside glimpse of one of Victoria’s most environmentally-friendly and quirky families, the Sustainables. Plus, you’ll go into the draw to win a 5 day luxury escape to the Grampians for two.
Visit http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/thesustainables/ where they ask you to try at least three of these actions in 2005:
1. Take a four minute power shower
2. Take reusable bags with you when you go shopping
3. Turn off lights and appliances at the switch when not in use
4. Sign up to Green Power with your electricity supplier
5. Buy the most energy and water efficient appliances you can afford
6. Put your food or plant scraps in the compost or worm farm
7. Look for products without unnecessary packaging
8. Walk, cycle or use public transport when you can and leave the car at home
9. Grow plants native to your area in your garden
10. Go green when you clean