Community Education Manager
* New Position * CBD Location * Six-figure salary package. One of Australia’s leading environmental and natural resources companies is looking for a strong creative leader to manage its successful newly-integrated education team. You will manage the development, implementation and evaluation of a range of high quality education programs and activities across the school, community and industry sectors. To make a difference, you will demonstrate: * Successful people and relationship management skills * Understanding of, and experience in, developing/ managing education strategies and programs, especially within schools * Superior communication and presentation skills * Ability to shape and drive strategic thinking * Experience and measurable success in achieving behavioural change through education strategies and programs. If you want to be considered for this position, send your CV to Peter Cowan at email@example.com. You can apply online or for a confidential discussion, please contact Peter Cowan on 02 8258 9662, quoting Ref No. 65-704773.
Jet Boat Driver, Downunder Jet – Sydney
* Adventure Driven * Caring operator * People person. Exciting new company, a young, energetic team – $$$ Negotiable. This is an exciting new thrill ride in Sydney, just about to open their doors. They are looking for a Jet Boat Driver to join the team. You must hold Master Class 5, MED 3 and a Senior First Aid certificate. Previous jet boat experience, knowledge of the tourism industry and Sydney Harbour would be an advantage. You should be * Energetic & highly motivated * Someone who loves being on the go all day * Confident to entertain people * Personable & well spoken. The position can be a full-time or part-time role. You must be able to work weekends. Please send resume to Daniel@downunderjet.com.au or call Daniel on 0400 662 121.
Team Leader Community Development & Support – Fairfield
If you enjoy working with creative and inspiring people, want to make a difference and seek a job that offers innovation, an opportunity exists to lead the Community Development Team in Fairfield. This position will provide the leadership for policy direction, planning, implementation, evaluation, budgets and managing a diverse team of experienced community development professionals. ESSENTIAL: To be considered for the above position, applicants must obtain an information package and address the essential and desirable criteria in the position description. Call Fairfield City Council, Community Life on 9725 0393 to obtain an information package. SALARY: For this position will commence at Grade 8, entry level of $67,520pa with progression to Paypoint 4 of $74,529 on demonstrated competencies, then with performance progression. CLOSING DATE: Friday 4.00pm, 3 November 2006. HOW TO APPLY: Use Council’s Application for Employment Form available from the contact person listed above. Applications should be addressed to the undersigned and received by the closing date. Applicants must be prepared to undergo a medical examination at Council’s expense. Fairfield City Council is a smoke-free workplace and is an EEO employer. ALAN YOUNG, CITY MANAGER, PO BOX 21 FAIRFIELD NSW 1860.
Fitness Front Desk Customer Service Leader
The Active Health Club North Ryde, Member of FitnessNSW is looking for an individual who has some ‘get up and go’ – you must be looking for long term employment and opportunities to grow as person and want to be part of a Team. You also need to be happy and excited that you can change people’s lives through health and fitness. You will need to show initiative and understand that your job entails responsibilities. There are key performance indicators that you are required to meet. As a Front Desk Leader you are critical to the success of the clubas you set the first impression. You must be confident on the telephone, have basic sales skills, show exceptional customer service skills, be able to maintain accounts and complete accurate data entry. You will be required to work a week of 6 to 2pm shifts and the following week will be 1 to 9pm. You will also be required to work every second Sunday. Starting wage is $30K plus super, commissions and bonuses and can go to $38K within 12 months based upon performance. The Club is prepared to job share – 2 permanent part time people. Interviewing will begin ASAP. To apply email a letter of introduction and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. An interview will then be pending.
La Perouse After School & Holiday Program Coordinator
EMPLOYMENT DETAILS AND REMUNERATION Employer: South Sydney Youth Services; Hours per week: Full time 35 hours per week; Location South Sydney Youth Services and La Perouse; Status: Full time funding Award: Social and Community Services Employees (State) Award Category / Grade: Grade 5 year 2; Salary Range: $45 to $50.000 Benefits: Super @ 9% + annual leave loading + salary packaging Funding Body: Better Futures Strategy administered by Department of Community Services. SUMMARY OF POSITION: To provide Leadership and program development support; Provide direct work with children and young people; Provide support and supervision to one part time worker and one casual worker; Develop a parent support group and train some young people to work on the program. TARGET GROUP: There are two target groups 7 to 11 year olds and 11 to 13 year olds. The 7 to 11 year olds are primarily involved with the after school and holiday activities. The 11 to 13 year olds will be involved in a youth leadership program. Hours of after school program: 3pm-7.00pm 3 days a week. Holiday program is full time during the holiday period. A comprehensive understanding of the needs of the community has been established as well as close relationships with Aboriginal organisations and networks. The program coordinator is a new position that will provide ongoing support to a small team and work closely with other local service providers. We hope to collaborate with the Youth Haven program and provide some joint activities for children and young people. Our program is not babysitting but an opportunity for young people to interact with each other, develop new skills and be provided with high quality support. PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: Employment and the continuation of employment is dependent on the continuous funding for the La-Perouse After School and Vacation care program. We currently have three year funding. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: • Program development • Attendance at After School and Vacation Care programs • Make relevant referrals to other agencies • Provide administrative support to the project • Fully participate as a member of SSYS • Assist with the development of submissions for funding. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: • Five years child care or youth work experience, and or equivalent qualifications • Excellent understanding of child protection and duty of care issues • Good communication skills with children/young people and parents
• Interest/experience in recreation, sports, arts • Manual car licence. Applications should address the following critera: 1. Please provide a cover letter outlining why you feel you are suited to the position and what skills you would bring and address the above requirements. 2. Describe your understanding of the needs of Aboriginal children and families in this community. 3. Describe the types of activities you might develop. 4. Describe your management experience. Please provide a written response to the essential criteria. All applicants will be subject to the Working with Children check. If you require more information about the position please contact the Director Shane Brown on 9318 0539.
Manager, Program Delivery – Water Conservation & Recycling
Sydney Water employs over 3500 people and provides reliable and efficient drinking, recycled and wastewater services to their domestic, commercial and industrial customers. As Manager, Residential Program Delivery, you will lead a team to deliver and monitor the effectiveness of programs in support of high profile water conservation initiatives and the overall Demand Management Strategy. To be considered you will need to demonstrate significant experience in the key focus areas of program management and delivery, contract management and campaign management. You should ideally have a tertiary qualification in an appropriate discipline, though relevant experience may be deemed sufficient. Any experience in the delivery of social based marketing programs, in product management or in the implementation of marketing plans will be highly regarded. Expertise in process management and exposure to quality systems would assist greatly in this role. With demonstrated leadership and people management skills, excellent communication and report writing skills and the ability to work effectively with senior management and key stakeholders, some knowledge of water conservation would be advantageous. Sydney Water is an ’employer of choice’ who offers genuine work/life balance. Please email your CV and letter of application to email@example.com or call Philip Goldstein on 9223 3033. You can apply online or, for a confidential discussion, please contact Philip Goldstein on 02 9223 3033, quoting Ref No. PG6268.
Community Safety Development Officer – Waverley Council
12 mths – 35 hrs per wk – neg. $1,048.60 to $1,205.89 per wk File No: A06/1759. To apply for this position you must obtain a Job Information Pack. Working as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for implementing Waverley’s Alcohol Awareness and Graffiti strategies, especially targeting young people. You will have tertiary qualifications in community development, social sciences or similar, and a demonstrated ability to undertake project-based community development work within an established time frame. For more information contact Leisa Simmons on 9386 7912 or firstname.lastname@example.org. CLOSING DATE: 13 November 2006. HOW TO APPLY: To obtain a job package (including the selection criteria) for the above position please contact our Job Line on 9369 8177 or download direct from www.waverley.nsw.gov.au.
The selection criteria MUST be addressed and the relevant file number quoted in your application. Send written applications to The General Manager, PO Box 9, Bondi Junction NSW 2022. Alternatively, applications may be submitted via fax or email to 9387 1820 or email@example.com. To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
Case Manager – Youth
* Young People * Specialist Programs * Senior Position – 6 Months temporary position with a possibility of extension. Based in Emu Plains, Sydney. BRIEF SUMMARY:Poviding a professional case management service at a senior level to young people. RESPONSIBILITIES: • Deliver services to clients including those with high and complex needs • Develop and monitor all aspects of case management • Work within specialist programs including, youth homelessness, family intervention, Drug and Alcohol, Mental health, sex offenders, adolescent health. • Ensuring duty of care to clients • Provide leadership to staff members • Maintaining professional networks with outside service providers • Report writing, administration • Self Management. To apply for this position please email a current CV and cover letter addressing all essential criteria. For further information contact Katy on 02 9979 3300. Apply online. To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
Education Operations Manager
* Modern Parramatta offices (near transport) *ISO:9001 accredited organisation ) National role, occasional Interstate travel required. The Aged Care Standards and Accreditation Agency is the independent body responsible for managing the accreditation and ongoing supervision of more than 3,000 aged facilities nationally. The Agency’s underpinning philosophy is that high quality care is achieved through education and accreditation. Reporting to the GM, Education, you are responsible for operation of education programs and QA including: *Conducting education needs analysis to determine industry requirements * Management and coordination to ensure that courses are held in the right places for the right people delivered by the right trainer and with the right material *Overall responsibility for the success of conferences held in each state annually *Reporting and recording of statistics for internal/external clients *Providing leadership to a small team. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Shiree Thomas on 02 8243 0500.
* Full-time position * Access to 9-day flex systems * Great work/life balance. Readvertised. Previous applicants need not apply. The challenge: preserving Manly’s heritage and maintaining its unique character. A tertiary qualification in architecture or planning, with specialist knowledge of heritage and conservation issues, assessment and statutory protection is required. The position involves: • assessment of potential items and conservation areas • assessment of development proposals with heritage implications • preparation of documentation for Council’s planning instruments • communication with the community. SALARY RANGE: $1090.21 to $1199.23 per 35 hour week (subject to skills & experience). Conditions of employment include a nine day fortnight. TO APPLY: a position description and application form must be obtained from our website www.manly.nsw.gov.au or by calling Council’s voicemail on 9976 1646. For further information call Jennie Minifie, Manager Planning & Strategy on 9976 1590. Written applications quoting the reference number and including the names of two recent work related referees should be forwarded to the General Manager by Friday, 10th November 2006. HT Wong, General Manager, PO Box 82
Manly NSW 1655.
Skye Rose – 9976.1602 )
Sustainability Team Leader – Manly Council Position No. 06/82
Re-advertised position, previous applicants need not apply. Manly Council’s Natural Resources Branch is a dedicated group of enthusiastic environmental scientists responsible for planning, management and carrying out of special projects for the conservation of Manly’s natural environment and sustainability issues. The Sustainability Team Leader is a full time (35 hours/week) permanent position and is responsible for the Sustainability Team. Responsibilities of the team include sustainability planning, assessment and reporting, environmental legislation, biodiversity conservation including threatened species; environmental assessment, greenhouse issues, preparation and implementation of Plans of Management for community lands, and planning for sustainable tourism. You will need qualifications in Environmental Science (or equivalent), have supervisory experience and significant demonstrated experience in a relevant field. You must have demonstrated high level of project management experience, including financial and contract management, and have sound environmental legislation understanding and community liaison skills. SALARY RANGE: $1016.12 to $1117.73 per 35 hour week (subject to skills & experience). Conditions of employment include a nine day fortnight. TO APPLY: a position description and application form must be obtained from the website www.manly.nsw.gov.au or by calling Council’s voicemail on 9976 1646. Written applications quoting the reference number and including the names of two recent work related referees should be forwarded to the General Manager by Friday, 10th November 2006. Manly Council, HT Wong, PO Box 82, General Manager, Manly NSW 1655.
PROJECT OFFICER – Unveiling the Myths Project – Illawarra
Illawarra Women’s Health Centre is a non-government community-based feminist women’s health centre located in Warilla, seeking to recruit a part-time Project Officer, 21 hours per week, for 3 years to implement the project Unveiling the Myths, with Muslim women in the Illawarra. Must have very good organisational ability, good knowledge of the Muslim community and experience in working with the Muslim community. Muslim women with relevant knowledge and experience are encouraged to apply. Driver’s licence and car essential. Experience liaising with community agencies, government departments and industry/businesses would be an advantage. SACS Award. Interested women please contact the centre to obtain the full eligibility requirements and further information. T: Helen Dooley on 4296 7077 or Email:email@example.com. Closing date Wednesday 15th November.
ABSOLUTELY ANYONE – Newcastle
16 people are needed to raise funds for Kids Cancer Research Trust Door Knock Appeal. Students, travellers and people of all ages encouraged to apply. PAID WORK – Wage or Commission; full or part time, permanent or casual. Training and transport provided. PHONE Keith on 4960 0240 or 0418 852 157, 9am – 4pm Monday – Friday.
Coordinator City Design – Lake Macquarie City Council
* Salary Range: $75k-$81k * Leaseback Vehicle * Great coastal lifestyle, 90 minutes north of Sydney in the fastest growing city in the Hunter. Are you passionate about improving public areas and community facilities? Are you able to lead a creative team who is responsible for the design of our capital works program? If you can manage and motivate this team to apply creative solutions at both the design and implementation stage Council wants to hear from you. You will need tertiary qualifications in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or a related discipline. Closing Date for all Positions: 4.30pm Friday, 3 November, 2006. TO APPLY: Visit www.lakemac.com.au for a full position description, selection criteria and information on how to apply, or contact Julie Moulton on 4921 0356. Submit application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
EARLY INTERVENTION PROGRAM – Newcastle
Aboriginal Team Leader – Case manager: the Program is a new initiative to provide targeted, long-term support for vulnerable families who are expecting a child or have children up to 8 years of age. If you have a passion for working alongside Aboriginal families this role is for you. You will be responsible for leading an Indigenous team and contribute to Early Intervention Program case management in addition to delivering a home visiting service to provide practical support and skill development to parents in the home. There is a partnership with Muloobinba Aboriginal Corporation in the Lower and Upper Hunter. Written applications should be received by 24th November.
Team Leader – Case Manager: an experienced Psychologist or Social Worker is needed to lead a dynamic new team in working to promote positive changes for families where the parents are facing challenges that may impact on their ability to care for their children and provide practical support and skill development to parents in the home. Written applications should be received by 10th November 2006. For further information, please go to www.bensoc.org.au/jobs or contact Marco Zaniol, Network Manager on 02 4964 4835. Written applications addressing the selection criteria should be sent to: Sarah Southwell, Human Resources, PO Box 171, Paddington, 2021 or via email at email@example.com.
Casual Staff- Award Winning Company – Relish Sydney
* No late nights * Leichhardt, Edgecliff & Chatswood. Winner of ‘Small Business’ Awards in 2005 & 2006, Relish Sydney is a fast growing company. Talented team members and supervisors are required to help grow three new stores. Do you have a ‘can do’ attitude; have great communication skills; enjoy teamwork? Are committed to customer service; passionate about food and presentation; love having fun at work? Relish may be for you. There are a variety of shifts available (Monday to Sunday), no late nights or early mornings and you will be paid weekly. There are team bonuses and full training. For more details about the job see website www.relishsydney.com.au. Please state the store you would like to work in, Leichhardt, Edgecliff or Chatswood and Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sales Manager – Youth Market Accommodation Specialists
* $70k + Super * Sydney CBD Location * Extensive Travel
You will be primarily responsible for increasing business through Travel Trade. You will achieve this by representing the company to existing and prospective markets – both Australia and Internationally. You must have:
* 2 years experience in a similar role * A deep understanding of the youth market in Australia and New Zealand * Proven expertise in managing key customer relationships * Ability to self-manage and follow up is a key requirement of this role * A good understanding of the travel industry distribution systems essential * Attention to detail, strong written skills and great customer service essential. Contact Lisa Roch at TMS Asia Pacific to hear more about this role and many other positions within the travel industry in Australia. Or for further information please call the Sydney office at 02 9231 6444 quoting Job Reference Code LR/Bkbk.
Team Leaders – Food & Beverage, Gaming – Eastern Leagues Club
* Career Opportunity * Full time situation * Level 4 positions. Teamwork, Responsibility, Respect, Integrity, Commitment and Enthusiasm are the corporate values. At Eastern Suburbs Leagues Club, the vision is “Great Community Clubs”. The Food & Beverage, and Gaming department/s are seeking one Team Leader each. These positions are Level 4 classification, under the Club Employees (State) Award, and are full time roles being 38 hours per week. Evening & weekend work will apply with a rotating roster.
If you have worked previously as a Supervisor or a Team Leader you are encouraged to apply. Contact Alena Stewart, Recruitment Manager, P O Box 124, Bondi Junction, NSW, 1355. Fax 9387 7779. Or email direct to, email@example.com. Closing date Monday 25 September 2007. This position will remain advertised until filled.
Group Sales & Marketing Development Co-ordinator – Coach Touring Co.
• Salary up to A$50K + super • Variety Plus!! • Located right in the heart of the Sydney CBD shopping district. This role offers lots of diversity for those with a creative flair. You will be combining your skills in Sales, Marketing, Promotions and Groups in this exciting new role. If you join this popular coach touring company who are market leaders in their field for budget touring you will be responsible for the ongoing organisation of marketing and promotional activities for the groups department. You will co-ordinate activities and events through Tour Leaders and clients through the Group Sales Executive. This role has full responsibility for the newsletter, development of flyers and advertising material for the groups department. You will coordinate training sessions, assist sales executives with Power Point presentations and other tasks needed for their calls. Other tasks include: Coordination of promotions and special events, managing the Travel Rewards program and preparation of monthly sales and marketing reports. You will need a strong background in the travel industry and understanding of how all divisions interact, a Tertiary Qualification in Marketing, Business or Communications, strong computer skills, the ability to multi-task on a large scale and strong communication skills both verbal and written. You can apply on line or for a confidential discussion, please contact Michelle Desmarchelier on (02) 9278 5121, quoting Ref No. 4585.
Sales & Event Co-ordinator – Truffle Group
Work in one of Sydney’s most unique water front locations. The Truffle Group is a leading hospitality group that specialises in innovative catering and events. They have recently acquired an exciting venue located along the shores of the eastern suburbs and require a full time experienced Sales & Event Co-ordinator. Located on site, you will be primarily responsible for managing incoming business, event planning and ensuring sales targets are met. This position requires a vibrant personality with previous account management experience in both the corporate & wedding market. In addition you must have excellent communication skills, be an effective time manager, have an excellent telephone manner and have the ability to work and communicate as part of a team. In return you are offered a spectacular location, the opportunity to use your creative mind to really make this position your own, and excellent working conditions. Salary is based on experience. Please send your resume to Juan Fernandez – firstname.lastname@example.org.